The library functions from 10.00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. for regular courses. It is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and other Government holidays.
Students of morning session are requested to fill up the applications for books in the prescribed form containing the name of the author, title of the book, name and class of the student between 11:15 a.m to 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m by afternoon session students respectively.
All the present students are entitled to use the library. Readers desirous of using the library have to write legibly in the Gate Register their names and classes to which they belong and sign the register. Such signatures shall be acknowledgment, that the persons agree to conform to the rules of the Library.
Rules and regulations:
- After admission to the college, each student will be provided with two library token. One book will be issued to a student in exchange for each token which will be handed over to him / her when he / she returns the books. If the book is returned after the due date the token will be handed over only after the over-due charge is paid.
- To avoid disappointment in getting the books applied for students are advised to write on the back of their application forms name of two or more alternative books required by them in the order of preference.
- Books borrowed for a period of three weeks and shall be returned on the date last marked on the due date slip on the front page of each book. For default in punctual return of books on the due date, over – due charge at the rate of Rs. 2/- per day will be levied on each book
- Absence from the college will not be admitted as an excuse for delay in the return of books.
- Books that are in great demand may be lent for such shorter period as may be necessary, and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required, and the borrowers are found to return them as required by the Librarian.
- Student are prohibited from sub – lending the books.
- On no account students are permitted to borrow on other ‘ token
- The borrower, before leaving the counter, must satisfy himself as to whether the books lent out are in good condition. Any damage to book should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the student to whom the book was issued will be held responsible for the replacement of the book by a good copy.
- The Principal, may at his discretion, withdraw the privilege of the college library to any student who fails to return the book in time or fails to pay the fines, imposed, or misbehaves in the library.